Do you work from home like millions of other people across the country?
Maybe this is new for you and your work-at-home desk is your dining room table, a small desk or some other makeshift surface. To avoid long-term back problems associated with a less-than-ideal work station, you’ll want to make sure that your workspace is comfortable for your #posture!
Bad posture as a result of working from home can have severe long-term health implications.
Here are a few useful tips that may keep you out of trouble:
- Adjust your chair and sit correctly – once you have found your perfect chair, it’s time to set it up correctly. Here’s a helpful guide to adjusting your ergonomic chair.
- Make sure that your screens are at the correct height – ensuring that the top of your screen is in-line with your eyebrow stops you from dropping your neck or slouching over to view the screen.
- Use your laptop safely – try to set it up on a laptop stand to raise it to eye height and then use a separate wireless keyboard to ensure the screen on the laptop stays at arm’s length, or alternatively connect it to a larger desktop screen if you have one!
- Take regular breaks – micro-breaks are great productivity boosters and prevent you from sitting down all day!
- Try out some simple desk exercises.
#backposture #health #wfh #workfromhome #motivation #remoteworking #workspace #upperbackpain #neckpain #backpain #deskposture
And if you’re in pain, Simply in Demand Chiropractic can help! Call us today at 602-635-2820 to schedule an appointment. Get more chiropractor information at https://simplyindemandchiropractic.com.